
For Christmas this year in our 2nd grade class, my students wanted to do something different. So I was researching what we could do, and found this website from another teacher that gave me a great idea. We made these "Holiday Hope Chests" for boys and girls who will be spending Christmas at Primary Childrens. My students were SO excited about this. I was nervous, because the students had to donate some unopened toys and empty shoe boxes-and I hate asking parents for donations. Well, I was surprised by the amount of toys and boxes that were donated. The parents got involved and helped where they could. We wrapped the shoe boxes and the kids decorated them. My students then wrote individual letters to the kids in the hospital and placed them in their holiday boxes. I was overwhelmed by the amount of help and support I recieved for this service project. My students were thrilled to do this and I was so happy to see that they were so willing to help others during this Christmas season.
1 comment:
That is possibly one of the best ideas I've ever heard of. Thank you for sharing that! I hope you're doing great! I know those kids must love love love you!
Post a Comment